|To search the archive, provide search criteria and a name under which to save the search results. Optionally, give e-Discovery users permission to work with the search results.
To search the archive, provide search criteria and a name under which to save the search results. Optionally, give e-Discovery users permission to work with the search results.
About this task
You must be an e-Discovery administrator to perform this task.
e-Discovery administrators have access to search results generated by other e-Discovery administrators.
- Log on to the archive service as an e-Discovery administrator.
- From the Dashboard tab or the Search tab, click Start new search.
- Select the tab that corresponds to the type of search you want to perform (Simple, Wizard, Advanced, or Custom.)
- In the Name field, type a name for the search results.
- Enter a search query using the procedure documented for the type of search you selected.
- Optional: In the Dates fields, select a range of dates.
Only messages meeting the search criteria and created within the range are returned. If you do not specify a range of dates, all messages in the archive are searched.
- Optional: Click the Tags field and perform either of the following steps to assign tags to all messages in the search results.
Optional: Perform the following steps to give e-Discovery users permission to work with the results of this search.
- Type a new tag.
- Select an existing tag, if available, that was recently assigned to other search results pages.
- Click the Permissions field to see a list of e-Discovery users.
Attention: e-Discovery users must log on to the archive service at least one time to appear in this list.
- Next to the name of an e-Discovery user to be allowed access, select any of the following permissions.
|Access||Allows e-Discovery users to view and sort the search results.|
|Change Scope||Allows e-Discovery users to edit search results.|
|Export||Allows e-Discovery users to export messages in search results to a Lotus Notes database (.NSF) file.|
In the Note field, write a comment about the search for users to see.
Click one of the following options.
Tagging all messages in a search results page
Editing search results to generate new results
Exporting search results
|Save and display results||Saves the search and shows the search results.|
|Save and return to list||Saves the search results and returns to the list of saved search results.|