Eclipse components can be hosted as portlets on portal server. When provisioned as components of composite applications, they inherit the feature and match rules as defined on portal server. These rules specify the version of the feature and the matching rule which determines the allowed updates for the feature as described here
In order to edit the feature preferences and matching rules of a component hosted on IBM WebSphere® Portal Server please follow these steps.
1. Log in to WebSphere® Portal as an administrator using your browser.
2. Click Templates in the Portal toolbar.
3. Click the Application Library tab. Note: At this point, it is assumed that you have assembled your component into a sample composite application on the Portal Server.
4. Click on the name of the composite application and open the page that contains your component. Select Edit Page Layout.
5. Click the Rich Client tab.
The page parameters that can be changed, along with their current values, are displayed.
6. Change the parameters for all portlet instances or just a single instance by clicking on the appropriate icon.
7. Click the configure icon for the feature whose preferences you want to change.
8. Enter the desired parameters for the feature and finish by pressing the OK button.