Update URL references
The update URL references action allows you to set a feature to point to an Update site database instead of the original location when it checks for updates. This allows you to control what features get updated at the client level in the event the external source updates the feature.
Before you run the process!
You can restrict features being updated based on if they contain an update URL or not but you cannot specify which features to ignore when updating. Running the process will run on all features specified by the criteria.
To use this option.
1. Click the "Update URL references" action button.
2. You will see the following dialog box.
3. In the "New site label" field enter in the descriptive name of the site you want to change the feature to. If you leave this blank then it will remove existing references.
4. In the "New site URL" field enter in the full URL to the update site database you want the features to look at when looking for updates or discovery server. If you leave this blank then it will remove existing references.
5. Select the related "Apply to" options of what you want to change.
6. The last options specify if you will change only features that have URLs defined or if to do all features.
7. Click OK.
The features in the database will now be updated.