The following built-in actions and properties for Composite Applications have been added for release 8.0.1:
- Property: SelectedNotesDocumentURLChanged
- Action: FilterCurrentUIViewViaCategory - input property : Category
- Action: SearchCurrentUIView - input property : QueryString
The advantage of using built-in properties and actions is that you do not need to add a separate WSDL file to any of the Notes components in order to take advantage of the publishing and action invocation. This lets any existing Notes component take part in a composite application without any changes to its design.
Registering the new built-in properties and actions
The WSDL containing the definitions for the new built-in property and the two new built-in actions is part of the com.ibm.notes.clientpackage. To use the new property and actions, check the following preferences:
- com.ibm.notes.enable.preferences=true -- This preference needs to be set on the page containing the Notes components.
- com.ibm.notes.enableBuiltInPB=true -- This preference should be set on each Notes view component in the advanced properties tab of the CAE to register the WSDL automatically.
- com.ibm.notes.publishBuiltInPropsFromView = [viewname1],[foldername1] -- This preference should be set to publish the property from the specified view/folder. This will be honored on the Notes side only if one other column is also publishing. However, the FilterCurrentUIViewViaCategory and SearchCurrentUIView seem to work fine without this property.
The remaining sections provide more detail on the property and the actions.
Built-In Property - SelectedNotesDocumentURLChanged
Use this property to automatically publish automatically the Notes URL of the currently selected document without having to build the URL manually when the view selection changes. You do not have to use LotusScript to publish the URL or any column-to-property mapping feature in the column infobox. The Notes URL is automatically published by Notes.
Built-In Action - FilterCurrentUIViewViaCategory
Using this action filters the current user interface view via the first sorted column in that view and shows only the exact matches using a filter as key. The action expects a Category as an input property (type xsd:string).
If the view is categorized, the action expands the matching category and shows the documents in the next level. If the key does not match with any of the column value in the first sorted column, then an empty view will be displayed.
Built-In Action - SearchCurrentUIView
This built-in action lets you display full text search results. It expects a search query (QueryString) as input property (type xsd:string). This query is the same query you enter manually in the search bar in the Notes user interface search bar.
The result of this action is that the current user interface view is used to search and the same result user interface is displayed as it is with a manual search. If no documents are found the view remains unchanged.
This action has the following restrictions:
- does not let you pass in a formula to do parametric searches.
- does not return the CSI views with search results (for example, for mail).
- no configuration options (for example, different sort order, scope to view, etc.)
- there is no way to reset the view to show all the view's contents