Describes how to create a blank composite application container in the Notes client.
For getting started quickly in your composite application development process, you also have the option to start the work within the IBM Lotus Notes client. The purpose of this option is to facilitate the creation of composite applications by providing a template.
In the client, you can create a blank composite application container by choosing an included Blank Composite Application template. Once you have created the blank composite application using the template , you can edit the composite edit using the Composite Application Editor feature which is shipped with Notes.
For more information on using the Composite Application Editor feature, refer to the Composite Application Editor documentation that is shipped with the product:
Use the following procedure to create a blank composite applications using the Notes client:
- Open the Notes client.
- Choose File-Application-New. The New Application box appears.
- In the New Application box, select the Blank Composite Application template from the Template list.
- Enter a title in the Title field. The File name is also created for you from your title. You may change the file name if you wish.
- Click OK. A blank composite application container appears with a message that the application does not have any content
- Choose Action-Edit Application to open the Composite Application Editor and begin working on your composite application. You can use the Composite Application Editor to edit the pages, components, and basic properties of a composite application. The Composite Application Editor lets you edit active applications that reside on an IBM Lotus Domino server or on IBM WebSphere Portal. You can also edit application templates that reside on WebSphere Portal. When you use edit mode on your application, your workplace displays an application menu pane on the left that provides you with direct access to edit application elements, and a component palette on the right, which lists components you can add to your application. The center of the workspace displays the application components for the current page (if any). Note also that when you use edit mode, an Editing menu displays as part of the menu bar. You can use the navigation panes or use menu commands to edit the application. For more information on using the Composite Application Editor, refer to the help shipped with the Notes client.
While you may create multiple composite applications with different design element titles and refer to them from different framesets, it is unlikely that you will need more than one per Notes application. The ability to create multiple composite applications is supported for compatibility with other design element types and also so that individual composite applications can be inherited from a template containing multiple composite applications, if desired.
Working with composite applications in Domino Designer
Working with the Wiring Properties design element in Domino Designer
Working with the Applications design element in Domino Designer