Describes how to create the composite application.
In this task, you add the action to create a new composite application stored in a IBM Lotus Notes database. Complete the following steps to do this:
- If Lotus Notes is not already running, start it now.
- Click File > Application > New. The New Database dialog appears. This action cannot be done from the Getting Started tab.
- Leave the Server field value set to Local.
- Type "MyCompApp" in the Title field.
- Type "MyCompApp.nsf" in the File Name field (if it has not already been filled into the field)
- Select Blank Composite Application in the Template field.
- Click OK to close the dialog box and create the new database. The new database is created and a blank application appears in your Lotus Notes client.
- Open IBM Lotus Domino Designer, click File > Application > Open and select MyCompApp.nsf from the list of available options.
- In Domino Designer, click File > Application > Properties.
- Click the Launch tab. This is the fifth tab.
- Ensure that the When opened in the Notes client field is set to Launch as Composite Application.
- Close the properties box and close Domino Designer.
You have created a new composite application. You next need to use the Composite Applications Editor feature to add components to this composite application and wire the properties and actions of the components to define their inter-component communication.
Specifying valid notesurl entries
Tasks described in the simple composite application example
Defining Notes actions that consume properties
Adding components to the composite application