Describes how to import XML files in Domino Designer.
In Notes-based composite applications, a unique XML file is required that consists of design notes that contain composite application definitions for that composite application.
You must import and store a copy of that XML file within the "container" IBM Lotus Notes application used for the composite application.
Use the following procedure to do this:
- Open the composite application database in IBM Lotus Domino Designer and navigate to Composite Applications-Applications (in the database bookmark in the left panel).
- Use the Import XML button to select the desired XML file from your local disk and create an "Applications" design element. This design element is then stored and inherited from templates, or protected from template refresh, just like any other type of Notes design element.
You can also do this by doing the following:
- In IBM Lotus Domino Designer, navigate to Composite Applications-Applications.
- From the menu, select Composite-Import XML....
- Select the XML file that you wish to import.
- Click Open to import the file as a design element.
To update an existing XML file, use the Export XML
button or menu choice from this view to store the XML file on disk, edit it, and then reimport using the Refresh
button or menu choice.
Working with composite applications in Domino Designer
Exporting XML files from Domino Designer