You can assemble your own composite application(s) using the following features either separately or in combination with one another:
- Composite Application Editor -- use the Composite Application Editor to assemble and wire the components in IBM Lotus Notes .
- Portal Application Template Editor -- use the Portal Application Template Editor to assemble and wire the components in a WebSphere Portal environment. Also use portlets to represent rich client components. The NSF component generator feature in the Composite Application Editor generates the necessary XML for a Notes component.
Refer to the documentation available from the Composite Application Editor for more details on using the NSF component generator feature.
The main options are described below as follows:
Option 1 -- Assembling and wiring using the Composite Application Editor
You can use the Composite Application Editor to define "wires" for component interaction and assemble components to create a composite application. Open the Composite Application Editor by clicking Actions
> Edit Application
in Lotus Notes.
Option 2 -- Assembling and wiring using the Portal Application Template Editor feature
You can use the Portal Application Template Editor feature provided as part of WebSphere Portal to assemble a composite application and define "wires" for component interaction using the property broker.
Before you can use Portal Application Template Editor in this way, you must deploy the client components to the WebSphere Portal server. Refer to the Composite Application Editor documentation for more details.
Assembling and wiring composite applications using the Composite Application Editor
A closer look at component interaction
Deploying and testing your composite application
Assembling composite applications using the Portal Application Template Editor
Assembling and wiring composite applications by modifying XML files
Additional methods for creating Notes-based applications
Summary for assembling and wiring Composite Application for use with Notes
- Assemble and wire a composite application using the Composite Application Editor or the Portal Application Template Editor.
- If you want to run composite applications from IBM Lotus Domino Designer, create a new database based on the supplied blank composite NTF template file.
- Use the Domino Designer Import XML action to import the XML file into the Notes databases.