Using PIM component views in composite applicationsAdded by IBM on February 24, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|PIM (Personal Information Manager) component views are views which are made available in the Composite Application Editor's palette by default and can be added to your composite application:
PIM (Personal Information Manager) component views are views which are made available in the Composite Application Editor's palette by default and can be added to your composite application:
The following PIM component views are available:
- IBM Lotus Notes Mail Navigator
- Notes Mail Mini View
- Notes Mail View
- Notes Calendar Navigator
- Notes Calendar Mini View
- Notes Calendar View
- Notes Todo View
- Notes Todo Navigator
- Notes Contacts Navigator
- Notes Contacts View
The following table provides more detailed information on the component views and the values that are associated with them when they are used:
The following general properties are used with the PIM component views:
- com.ibm.rcp.csiviews.viewpart.dburl - Required for all views. You must set the database URL for every view. This property points to the database that you want to use
- com.ibm.rcp.csiviews.viewpart.folderalias - Sets the folder which will display content in the view. This parameter is required for Mail/Contacts/Calendar View when there is no Navigator in the page. See the above table for values.
- com.ibm.rcp.csiviews.viewpart.outlinelayout - Required for Calendar shown in mode. Values are: oneday, ttwoday, oneweek, oneworkweek, twoweekst, twoworkweeks, onemonth, oneworkmonth.
- com.ibm.rcp.csiviews.viewpart.foldername - Optional for all views. You can set the view's name.
Publishing the Notes URL of a selected document in a view on selection change
Opening a view without a navigator
Filtering the current user interface view
Creating a composite application that uses a PIM component view
Use the following steps to create a new composite application that uses a PIM component view.
- Open the Notes Standard client.
- Begin creating a new composite application by selecting File-Application-New.
- At the New Application dialog box, select "-Blank Composite Application-" from the Template list
- Provide a Title for you new composite application
- Click OK and the blank composite application is created.
- Select Actions-Edit Application. The Composite Application Editor is launched to let you begin editing the application.
- In the Composite Application Editor, expand the Component Palette (right-hand side shelf view) to display the PIM components that may be added to the application.
- In the Component Palette, select and right-click Notes Contacts View. A popup menu is displayed.
- Click '"Add to application."
- Add the view to Composite Application Editor Placeholder View by dragging it and releasing the mouse button to place it onto the Blank Application Page.
- Select Notes Contact View from the design element view (left-hand side shelf view).
- Select Edit-Component-Edit Component Properties. The Edit Component Properties dialog appears.
- Click the Advanced button
- From the Advanced Component Properties box you can add component properties for the views by clicking the Add button. All usable component properties for Mail, Contacts, Calendar and To Do are listed above.
For more information on using the Composite Application Editor , refer to the Composite Application Editor documentation.