Describes how to wire components in the composite application.
In this task you will wire the application components together to create a causal relationship between components.
You must be using an online location to successfully complete this lesson.
Complete the following steps to wire your components in a causal relationship.
Trying out your composite application
Tasks described in the simple composite application example
Adding components to the composite application
- If IBM Lotus Notes is not already running, start it now.
- Click File > Open > Lotus Notes Application to open the MyDiscussion composite application you modified. The Open Application dialog appears.
- Click MyCompApp in the dialog. The composite application appears and displays the two components the way they were place in the Composite Application Editor.
- Click Actions > Edit Application to start Composite Application Editor.
- Click My Discussion - All Documents in the navigator, then right-click and select Wiring. The Composite Applications Editor wiring interface appears.
- Select the single property listed in My Discussion - All Documents property, which is the component labeled Source.
- Hold your left mouse button and drag to the single action listed in the My Discussion - Category Form component. A blue arrow appears as you drag from the property to the action (My action).
- Release the mouse button. A dotted line appears to indicate the wiring between property and action.
- Click OK to close the wiring interface.
- Click File > Finished Editing. This closes the Composite Application Editor and displays the Lotus Notes user interface.
- Close the composite application and then reopen it by clicking Application > Open > Lotus Notes Application.