Shelly -- one option would be to activate a "SearchByForm" -- refer to the LDDM Adminstrators guide "Creating Custom search subforms -- see extract below. This would have a Text Editable field "DocAuthor".
The Search by Form option is then available via the Advanced Search page. Drop me an email if you need any extra info.
Hope of help . . . Murray
Creating custom search subforms
If you would like to be able to perform an advanced search on a specific field or set of fields, such as profile data, you can create a subform and specify the fields to search for. The subform must contain the field "SearchByForm" in order for the form to appear in the Forms list in Advanced Search. For library searches, the subform must be in the library database; for single file cabinet searches, the subform must be in the file cabinet database. We suggest creating the subform in the File Cabinet template and pasting it into the library database.
MC Comment: The SearchByForm subform must be activated in the Library design template. ie domdoc.ntf or version in use.
To create custom subforms, perform the following steps:
1. Select the File Cabinet[or Library ] template database and choose Create - Design - Subform.
2. Choose Design - Subform - Properties.
The Properties dialog box displays.
3. In the Name field, enter the name of your subform. (You will need to enter the subform name in the system profile or the file cabinet form, so make a note of this name.)
4. Ensure that the option "Include in Insert Subform...dialog" is checked.
5. Add the fields to the subform.
Note If you want to include this subform in the Forms list for Advanced Search, you must create the field SearchByForm. Enter the field name as shown because it is case-sensitive. Also, make this a hidden field because there is no profile information to search.
Caution When naming fields on the subform, do not use any of the field names defined on the Document Manager forms (DocumentNotes, NewDocumentNotes, DocumentWeb, NewDocumentWeb, BinderNotes, NewBinderNotes, BinderWeb, NewBinderWeb). Using these names could cause conflicts with Document Manager features.
6. Close and save the subform.
7. (Optional) If you want the subform to be accessible before the next scheduled replication, refresh the design of the master library database:
Select the master library database icon.
Choose File - Database - Refresh Design.