In this article I would show you how prepare your Address Domain to store the user photo into his personal document and how this photo will replicate on your local address book.
If you have a Blackberry BES platform, This design's action will allows you to reflect the photo in your blackberry device contact too.
the requirements to apply this tutorial are:
- to have an Address Domain template
- to have Design permission on your Address Domain template
- to have the permissions to refresh you production database
To prepare your Address Domain to store a photo in a personal document you have to:
- Open your Address Domain template with Lotus Designer
- Edit the nasted subform '$PersonInheritableSchema'
- Move your courson at the Administration section
- In the Basic Tab table, append a new row
- In the first column type the description 'User Photo:'
- In the second column insert a nre Rich Text Lite field with the following features:
Nfiled name: Photo
Limit Input: Allow only Thumbnail
Resize Thumbnail Image: Yes
Size: W85; H74
Image Attachment Name: ContactPhoto
Security Option: Must have at least Editor access to use
Hide Formula: @TextToNumber(@Version) < 166
- Save the Subform
- Refresh your production database
At this point you can insert in the personal document the user image.
Everytime a user copy a contact from the Address Domain database on his personal address book, he will have the image contact too.
Everytime a user copy a contact from the Address Domain database on his blackberry device, he will have the image contact too.
Enjoy all of you