1. What will you learn
You will localize an XPage to support more than one language.
2. Task Description
Your application should be available in multiple languages.
3. Detailed Steps
1. Open the XPages tab of the application properties
2. Check the “Create property files for text localization”
3. Add languages
You need to specify the default language!
4. Select P
roject – Clean
... to rebuild your project
5. Go back to the localization options and select the “Do not modify existing property files”
6. Add the “Package Explorer” View to the “Domino Designer” perspective
7. Navigate to the xPages folder. You will find the property files for each language there:
8. Edit the content of the property files with your language:
9. Change the default language of your browser to see the same page in different languages:
10. For double byte languages the property file needs to use an extended syntax.
世界您好 would be written as \u4e16;\u754c\u60a8\u597d
4. The Result
5. Things To Explore
6. Further Readings
- Define your own properties for your custom controls