2. Task Description
Make sure, that the right tab is displayed based on the xPage loaded. Make
sure, that the complete list of profiles is shown when the results page
is opened directly rather than through a query.
3. Detailed Steps
1. Open the “container” custom control
2. select the “resultsTab” tab (right click
on it in the design editor)
3. select the “Select Active Tab Contents”
context menu option
4. On the Events tab for the “Results” Tab
add an “Execute Script” simple action with this formula: sessionScope.nameToSearch
(this clears an eventually entered search term)
5. Add another simple action “Open Page” specify
“Results.xsp” and “no data validation.
6. Repeat step 3 & 5 (but not 4) for the
other 2 tabs. Specify the respective pages.
7. Click on the custom control (the outline
is a good place to do that) and then select the property definition
8. Click “Add new property” name it “selectedTabId”
(You don't need to provide validation or visibility rules here
9. Select the Tabbed Panel in the design editor
and edit the “Tab opened by default” option as a computed option use
10. Open all the 3 pages (home, profile, results)
and select the container control there. Click on all properties
11. For each page enter the corresponding tab.
Check your result in the browser
4. The Result
One question typically asked: Can't I just have one page and use partial
page refresh to switch the tabs? The answer: yes of course. But then you
loose direct adressability of a page.
5. Things To Explore
Rewire the application, so it only uses a single xPage. Define a mechanism
that still would allow to open a specific results page.
Re: Tutorial: Introduction to XPages - Exercise 14
To Tobias Konsek : Just ignore this fact. Left click instead
i have a problem at step 3.
Designer version 8.5.3
I can't click on the "Select Active Tab Content" choice in the context menu of the tabbed panel because it's grayed out.
It would be greate, if someone is having a solution for my problem :)
For the step 11, I can only see the custom property for my home page/container, and I can only navigate between my home page and my profil page, and i need to click two time to the profile tab. have you an idea why ??
ps: I have the 8.5.2 version for the client and the server