2. Task Description
In your applications there are a lot of views. To accelerate deployment of XPage based applications you want to automate the creation of XPage based view access.
3. Detailed Steps
1. Copy the file ViewToXpage.xslt from the workshop resources to the directory
2. Select the database where you want to create a new XPages.
3. Use Tools – DXL Utilities – Transformer
4. Select the view you want to transform and the ViewToXpage.xslt file
(In real life you use a small agent to automate that)
5. Use Window – Show Eclipse View – Other – Java – Package Explorer
6. Open the new newXPage.xsp file you have just created using notepad. Now save it using UTF-8
7. In the package explorer select the xpages folder, right click and select import:
8. Select the file you just created:
4. The Result
A fully functional but barebone XPage.
5. Things To Explore
The transformation is based on XSLT. So altering the XSLT file (make a copy first) will lead to different results. 2 challenges here:
6. Further Readings