2. Task Description
Create a profile form (Classic Notes) and map the profile form to an XPage.
Add data binding to the profile XPage to show data stored in the Notes
3. Detailed Steps
1. Create a new Notes form named “profile”.
Use the following fields:
FullName (Computed Text)
Formula: @Trim(FirstName + " "
AboutMe (Rich Text)
DOB (Date Time)
2. On the Form defaults for “On web access”
use “Display xPage instead”, set it to the profiles xPage.
3. Create a new view named “profiles” with
the view selection formula SELECT form=”profile” and the following columns:
FullName (Sorted Ascending, Sortable / Click to Sort
4. Create some documents in the Notes Client
with the profile form and then Preview the view in the browser and open
a document from the view (which would be pretty empty other than our header)
5. Open the profileForm custom control (you
created that in exercise 04). Click on the page in the design editor, so
it gets the focus.
6. On the data tab add a “Domino Document”
datasource. Choose “profile” as the form.
7. Click on the “All properties tab and expand
the “data” entry,
then expand the dominoDocument entry and select “OnSave” for the computeWithForm
8. Save the custom control and close it. Then
reopen it to make the date palette refresh.
9. Select the data palette and enable the “Select
controls dialog box” button
10. Select all the field bindings except for
“Full Name” and the “DOB” (use shift+click to select multiple)
11. Drag & drop all the selected field bindings
to the “profileForm” page in the design editor
12. In the helper dialog change the following
- About Me: RichText
- Gender: Combobox
- TimeZone: Combobox
Click on OK
13. Right click inside a cell in the resulting
table and choose to append 3 rows in the helper dialog
14. Reorder the row contents using drag &
drop to group related fields together.
15. Add a label control and a Date Time Picker
control for the DOB field. Add a new row in the table if needed.
16. Bind the Date Time Picker to the field
set the display type to “date / time”
Preview the XPage for your control in your browser, empty and with data
(you need to enter them using the Notes form, since we don't have action
buttons for now).
4. The Result
5. Things To Explore
? Add a field starsign to the profile form and
create a combobox with the star signs as selection
Re: Tutorial: Introduction to XPages - Exercise 5
I am bit confused for the formula in views, please advice me witha example of how to select fields from a form...thanks in advance
@Jen Had the same problem, forgot that it was a case sensitive comparison since my fingers automatically typed "Profile"
Tutorial: Introduction to XPages - Exercise 5
I have issue with view named “profiles”. No docs were displayed. No idea why. Another problem is Date Time Picker control : no picker available.
Any hint ? Thanks.
Trying to add the DateTime Picker.
The result though is allways an editbox.
Am I missing something or maybe using a buggy version (Revision 20090929.1223, Release 8.5.1)
How show the helper dialog, in step 12 ?
Lou, do you have author (or more) rights, as a web user, to the database?
Using source view I moved the table in between the panel tags for the content panel.
I am unsure what I did wrong. I was unable to see the xpage in edit mode through the browser.