Previous | TOC | Next
1. What will you learn
You will learn how to show data from a Notes view in xPages.
2. Task Description
xPages allows to show data from Domino views in a page. There can be more than one. In this exercise you will show the list of profiles in the results page.
3. Detailed Steps
1. Open the searchResults custom control
2. Add the styles.css resource to the custom control
3. Add 3 new lines at the top of the control (we will later add stuff there)
4. Drag a View control from the control palette onto the page canvas
5. Select "profiles" as the view option in the helper dialog. Press OK
6. Click on the view in the design editor, set the width to 100%
7. On the Display tab set the maximum rows to 10
8. Click on the “Full Name” column header
Check the “Sort Column” option in the View Column Header tab
9. Click on the “Full Name” column. Check the “Show value in this column as links”
10. Select the "read-only" option
Preview your result in the browser
4. The Result
5. Things To Explore
? Add an extra column that only contains the word “Edit” and opens the documents in edit mode.
? Replace that word with an edit icon
? Add a column that list all the contacts from the same country (this probably requires an additional view in the databases)
6. Further Readings