A form defines how data is stored in documents and how documents appear in user interfaces.
The left pane of the Domino
® Designer interface is called the Application Navigator and contains the major design elements for your application.
- Right-click Forms and select New Form.
(You can also click the New Form button if the Forms pane is open in the middle.)
- Name the form main and click OK.
At this point, you have a blank form in the middle pane. For the remaining steps, refer to the screen shots at the end.
- Click anywhere inside the form.
- In the top menu, click Create -> Table. Make the table 2 rows by 2 columns and click OK. The table is used for formatting so everything lines up and looks nice.
- For the first column, type the text Subject in the first row and Number in the second row.
- Click in the first row of the second column. In the top menu, click Create -> Field and fill in the dialog. Name the field subject and leave its type Text.
- Click in the second row of the second column. In the top menu, click Create -> Field. Name the field number and change its type from Text to Number.
- Close the dialog.
Upon completion of this task, your form should look as follows.
The dialogs for the fields appear as follows.
Parent topic: Your first form