At this point, it is useful to see how an application opens in the Notes
By default an application opened in the Notes
client opens to a view. The sample application has only one view and opens to that view. You will look at other ways to open applications when you explore XPages.
Parent topic: Your first view
- Go to the Notes client.
- Click File -> Open -> Open -> Lotus Notes Application (Ctrl+O).
- Ensure that the correct application is selected and click Open.
If your application is Article.nsf
in the local Notes
directory, the Open Application dialog should appear as follows. Notice that the application title appears in the selection window while the file name appears in the browse window. The drop-down list highlighting "On My Computer" can be used to select a server.
Once an application is open, you can make future openings easier by clicking Create
- The sample application opens and displays the one view.
From this view, you can do the following with the application's documents:
- Double-click a document to open it in read mode.
- Click Ctrl+E on a document to open it in edit mode.
- Click Create -> main to create and open a new document based on the mainform.
From an open document, the following actions are available:
- Click Ctrl+E to switch between read and edit modes.
- Click Ctrl+S to save a document.
- Click Esc to close a document and go back to the view. You are prompted if there are changes not yet saved.