Let's add a category
field to the form. You are going to use this field in the next section to organize your content.
This is part 1 of the category demonstration and affects form design. Part 2 is to add the category data to existing documents (and learn about agents). Part 3 is to revise the view design for categories.
- Open the form in Domino® Designer.
- Click in the top row of the table then click Table -> Insert Row.
- Type Category in the left column of the new row.
- Click in the right column of the new row. Click Create -> Field.
- Type category for the name.
- For the type, select Combobox.
This means that the user will choose a value from a drop-down list.
- To provide values for the drop-down list, click on the second tab (the Control tab) of the properties box.
For choices, type red
, and blue
, each on its own line (clicking Enter
to move to the next line).
- To set up the drop-down box so that a value initially displays, specify a default value as shown below.
- Save the form.
- If you preview the form and select the new field, you see the following.
Pay attention to the case of the values so everything matches.
Since you are revising the form after some documents already exist in your application, the preexisting documents do not contain data items for the new category
field. You could update the existing documents manually, but in the next section you will learn how to automate the process with an agent.
Parent topic: Your first view