Custom controls can be used on XPages and other custom controls.
Parent topic: Your first custom control
- Open the mainview XPage.
Notice that the Controls
tab now has a category for Custom Controls
- Drag the header control to the top of the mainview XPage.
Notice that you see the content of the custom control. However you cannot address the content of the custom control in place. If you double-click on the custom control, its design element opens.
- Save and preview the XPage.
You will see the custom control content.
- Open the main XPage and do the same thing.
- Open the response XPage and do the same thing.
- Open the application in Notes® and access various documents.
Notice that the custom control content appears in all documents.