Riverbend Coffee and Tea Company
Table of contents
Riverbend Coffee and Tea Company (Riverbend) is a privately owned organization that consists of 45 world-wide locations, corporate and regional offices, store fronts, and distribution or manufacturing plants, and in excess of 6000 employees.
The following key information illustrates the diversity of the technology and functional requirements of the Riverbend Coffee and Tea Company:
- Riverbend has an extremely mobile sales force, who primarily work from their Blackberry mobile devices or computers when in their home or remote offices.
- Riverbend's Customer Service is located at the corporate headquarters.
- Owner and operators of Riverbend "store front" franchises use corporate-lease technology solutions (such as mobile computers and desktops) that securely connect to regional Riverbend offices.
- Riverbend Distribution and Manufacturing plants use kiosk and thin-client solutions to equip employees with e-mail and collaborative business solutions.
Riverbend uses the following key technologies to ensure that their employees can effectively and efficiently collaborate with each other:
- Microsoft Windows®
- IBM Lotus Notes/Domino 8.01
- IBM Sametime
- Microsoft Office 2003
- Microsoft Internet Explorer®
- Cisco Call Manager 4.2.3