When you edit a document, the file is in a draft state that only you and others with editing access can update. Changes, even if made by multiple editors at the same time, are saved automatically to one draft file. In the draft state, others without editing access cannot view or download the file. If you want to allow viewing and downloading, publish the file.
To edit a document that was created in IBM
- In Files, tap the file that you want to edit, and make your changes.
- If you want readers that you share with to be able to view or download the updated file, tap the File button and then tap Publish Version.
Note: Both the owner and editors of a file can publish a version.
- To close the file, tap Done.
To edit an uploaded file that you own:
- In My Files, tap the file's More icon.
- Tap the Information button.
- In the Details card, tap the file's name.
- Tap Edit in IBM Docs in the list.
Only the file owner can edit a newly uploaded file in IBM
Docs. Following this initial edit, anyone with Editor access to the file can edit it in IBM
Table 1. Buttons and icons
|Name||Link to image|
|File button|| |
|More icon|| |
|Information button|| |