When you edit a document, the document is in a draft state that only you and others with editing access can update. Changes, even if made by multiple editors at the same time, are saved automatically to one draft file. In the draft state, others without editing access cannot view or download the file. If you want to allow viewing and downloading, use the publishing feature to save the draft as an official version.
To edit a document that was created in IBM Docs:
- In My Files, Files Shared with Me, or any Files list, tap the document file that you want to edit, and make your changes.
- If you want readers that you share with to be able to view or download the updated document, tap the Tools icon and then tap Publish Version.
Note: Both the owner and editors of a document can publish a version.
- To close the document, tap Done.
To edit an uploaded file that you own:
- In My Files, tap the document's More icon.
- Tap the Information button.
- In the Details card, tap the file's name.
- Tap Edit in IBM Docs in the drop-down menu.
Only the file owner can edit a newly uploaded file in IBM Docs. Following this initial edit, anyone with Editor access to the file can edit it in IBM Docs.