Before you begin
In your deployment topology, if IBM
Connections and IBM
Docs are sharing the same host name, you do not need to perform this task. If they are using different host names, this is a mandatory task.
About this task
For details on configuring single AJAX proxy on a single IBM
Connections application for IBM
Docs, see Configuring the AJAX proxy
Make sure both GET and POST methods are enabled for the IBM
Docs proxy policy.
The following example shows a sample method for configuring the Communities application as the AJAX proxy for IBM
Parent topic: Installing IBM Connections
- Log into the DM server where IBM Connections is installed.
- Locate the $WAS_INSTALL_ROOT/profiles/dmgr_name/config/cells/cell_name/LotusConnections-config/proxy-config.tpl file, where $WAS_INSTALL_ROOT is the WebSphere® Application Server Network Deployment installation directory. On Linux™, the default path is /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer, dmgr_name is the profile name of the DM (Dmgr01), and cell_name is the cell name this DM manages.
- Copy the file to another file named proxy-communities-config.tpl in the same location.
- Add a section, as follows, for IBM Docs:
<proxy:policy url="https://<host_name_port>/<context_path>/*" acf="none">
is the host name and port from which to access the IBM
Docs application, and <context_path>
is the context root of the IBM
Docs application, the default is /docs
- Synchronize all nodes in the Deployment Manager Integrated Console and then restart the IBM Connections server.