About this task
This task is optional if you plan to use the same database instance and user from the IBM
Perform this task to create a DB2
database user with a limited set of privileges. When you create the new user, name them docsuser
. The scripts that are provided with IBM
Docs grant the appropriate rights to docsuser
and are written with the assumption that the user name is docsuser
To create a dedicated DB2
database user named docsuser, complete the following steps:
- Log into the DB2 server as the root user, and then type the following commands to create a new user:
- useradd -g db2iadm1 docsuser, db2iadm1 is db2 user groups.
- passwd docsuser
When prompted for the new password, enter it and then confirm it.
Parent topic: Creating databases for IBM Docs
- Click Start -> Control Panel and select Administrative Tools -> Computer Management.
- From the Computer Management console, select System Tools -> Local Users and Groups.
- Right-click Users and select New User.
- Add a user named docsuser. Enter the required details, including the password. Clear the User must change password at next logon check box. Click Create.
- Click Close.
- Open the Users object, right-click docsuser, and select Properties from the context menu.
- Click the Member Of tab and then click the Add button.
- Type DB2USERS in the Enter the object names field and click OK. Click OK again to save your changes.
If the DB2USERS
group is not found, extended security for DB2
might not be enabled. See the DB2
documentation for information about Extended Windows
security using DB2ADMNS
For detailed information, see the IBM DB2 9.7 Information Center