Before you begin
It is recommended that you install IBM
® Docs in the same managed cell that IBM
Connections to simplify configuration and deployment.
Ensure that you have installed IBM WebSphere
® Application Server network deployment (Application Server option) on the new node.
About this task
To add a dedicated node for the IBM
conversion service and create a cluster for the conversion application, complete the following steps.
Parent topic: Pre-installation tasks
- Add a new node to the DM cell using the following steps.
This step is optional if you plan to run the IBM
Docs application on existing nodes.
- Log into the new node.
- Open a command prompt and change to the app_server_root/profiles/profile_name/bin directory of the local WebSphere Application Server profile, where profile_name is the name of the applicable Websphere Application Server profile on this node.
- Run the addNode command to add this node to the DM cell using the following parameters:
addnode [dmgr_host] [dmgr_port] [-username uid] [-password pwd] [-localusername localuid] [-localpassword localpwd], where dmgr_host is the host name of the Deployment Manager, dmgr_port is the SOAP port of the deployment manager (the default is 8879), uid and pwd are the DM administrator user name and password, localuid and localpwd are the user name and password for the node's Websphere Application Server administrator.
- Open the app_server_root/profiles/profile_name/log/addNode.log file and confirm that the node was successfully added to the DM cell.
- Create a cluster using the following steps.
- Log in to the Deployment Manager Integration Solutions Console.
- Click Server -> Clusters -> Websphere application server clusters -> New. In the Cluster name field, specify the name of the cluster, for example DocsCluster. The DM will create a new server instance with this name.
- Click Next. In the Member name field, specify the name of the server instance that is created for the cluster, for example DocsMember1. In the Select node field, specify the node to run the IBM Docs application in the DM cell.
- Click Next and optionally add more members to the cluster.
- Click Next to display to the summary page. Click Finish to complete this step or Previous to modify the settings.
- Click Save to save the configuration.
- Click System administration -> Nodes.
- In the node list, select all the nodes in which the target cluster member resides and then click Synchronized.