Creating a node and cluster for the IBM conversion serviceAdded by IBM | Edited by Xiao Li Duan on April 16, 2013 | Version 2 (Show original)
|Add a node and application server to the IBM® Websphere Application Server network deployment.
Before you begin
To simplify configuration and deployment, it is best to install the IBM
conversion service in the same managed cell as IBM
Because the IBM
conversion service is CPU intensive, it is strongly recommended that you run the service in a dedicated node for improved performance and scalability.
Ensure that you have installed the IBM WebSphere
® Application Server network deployment (Application Server option) on the new node.
About this task
To add a dedicated node for the IBM
conversion service and create a cluster for the conversion application, complete the following steps:
Parent topic: Pre-installation tasks
- Add a new node to the DM cell using the following steps. (
This step is optional if you plan to run the IBM
Conversion application on existing nodes.)
- Log into the new node.
- Open a command prompt and change to the bin directory of the local WebSphere Application Server profile, for example: app_server_root/profiles/profile_name/bin, where profile_name is the name of the applicable WebSphere Application Server profile on this node.
- Run the addNode command to add this node to the DM cell, for example addnode [dmgr_host] [dmgr_port] [-username uid] [-password pwd] [-localusername localuid] [-localpassword localpwd], where dmgr_host is the host name of the Deployment Manager, dmgr_port is the SOAP port of the deployment manager (the default is 8879), uid and pwd are the DM administrator user name and password, and localuid and localpwd are the user name and password for the node's Websphere Application Server administrator.
- Open the app_server_root/profiles/profile_name/log/addNode.log file and confirm that the node was successfully added to the DM cell.
- Repeat step b, and run the command startNode to start node.
- Create a cluster.
- Log in to the Deployment Manager Integration Solutions Console.
- Click Server -> Clusters -> Websphere application server clusters -> New. In the Cluster name field, specify the name of the cluster, for example ConversionCluster.
The DM will create a new server instance with this name.
- Click Next. In the Member name field, specify the name of the server instance that is created for the cluster, for example ConversionMember1. In the Select node field, specify the node on which to run the IBM Conversion application in the DM cell.
- Click Next and optionally add more members to the cluster.
- Click Next to display the summary page and examine detailed information about this cluster member. Click Finish to complete this step or click Previous to modify the settings.
- Click Save.
- Click System administration -> Nodes.
- In the node list page, select all nodes in which the target cluster member resides, and then click Synchronized to perform a synchronization between the nodes.
- Click Server -> Clusters -> Websphere application server clusters, choose the cluster name, and click the Start button to start cluster.