Disabling NETBIOS ServiceAdded by IBM on January 6, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|NETBIOS Service might cause poor performance or failure on IBM Docs. Please disable it if it's not a must for you.
About this task
This task only applies to IBM Conversion Server.
Parent topic: Pre-installation tasks
- Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center.
- Click one network connection (like 'Local Area Connection 3') , a dialog opens. Click the Properties button.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4), click Properties, and then click Advanced button.
- Select the WINS tab, in the NETBIOS setting, click Disable NETBIOS over TCP/IP.
- Repeat step 2-4 for each network connection.
- Go to Administrative Tools -> Services, right click TCP/IP NETBIOS Helper, and click Stop button.
- Right-click TCP/IP NETBIOS Helper, click Properties button, in the Startup type list, choose Disabled. Click OK.
Note: Stopping TCP/IP NETBIOS Helper Service might have impact on Active Directory Management, sharing file around intranet etc. For example, if you use an account in Active Directory to remote desktop the Conversion Server, you might fail.