Enabling display of IBM Docs helpAdded by IBM on January 6, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|After installing IBM Docs, if you cannot see help topics of IBM Docs, you must enable the display of IBM Docs help.
About this task
Add the help section for IBM
® Docs to the Connections help system, by following these steps.
- Start the wsadmin client from the app_server_root\profiles\dm_profile_root\bin directory on the system where you installed the deployment manager.
You must start the client from this directory. See Starting the wsadmin client
in the IBM
Connections product documentation for more details.
- Enter the following command to access the IBM Connections configuration files: execfile("connectionsConfig.py")
- Enter the following command to specify which applications you want to include in the help system's table of contents:LCConfigHelp.setHelp("temp_directory","application_name","application_name") where:
- temp_directory is the name of a temporary directory on your system. The directory you specify can be any directory, but it must exist before you enter the command. When you enter the command, an XML file called helpData.xml is added to this directory and is used by the command.
Note: AIX® and Linux™ only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command does not complete successfully.
- application_name is the name of the application whose help section you want to include in the table of contents. List each application name separated by commas. The options are:
To force the table of contents in the help system to reflect the change, stop the help application and delete the temporary help directory on each node where help runs. For example, delete the C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\temp\node-name\cluster-name\Help directory.
If you want to add an extra application to the existing help, in this case the IBM Docs help, you still must list all the applications for which you are already providing help. Only the help files for applications that you list as parameters in the LCConfifigHelp.setHelp
command will appear in the table of contents.
For example, if you installed all the applications except Wikis and Connections Mail, you can run the following command to include all sections except Wikis and Connections Mail in the help system:
This directory is recreated when the application restarts.
When a user opens the product help system, the table of contents lists only those sections that you wanted it to include.
If a help topic links to a topic in a section that you have removed from the help system, the link text continues to be displayed, but returns an error when clicked.
Parent topic: Optional post-installation tasks