Before you begin
Review your topology to determine how the Proxy Server for IBM WebSphere Application Server is best used in your environment. Make sure you have installed WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment.
About this task
To set up proxy server, complete the following tasks.
- Refer to infocenter page to install update installer for WebSphere software.
- Refer to infocenter page to install the fix pack 220.127.116.11 of WebSphere Application Server ND (You can get the fix pack here).
- Create proxy server according to the guide: infocenter page. After created the proxy server, full synchronize the node that the proxy server located in.
- Change the HTTP endpoints ports of proxy server according to the guide on infocenter page. If you change the HTTP endpoints ports of proxy server, please following the item 1 in Troubleshooting to change the virtual host of proxy server, otherwise you may encounter the HTTP 404 error while access Docs resources.
- Now you can start the proxy server.
HTTP 404 (File not found) error received from the proxy server. Consider the following action:
Update the virtual host: Ensure that the target application and routing rule are assigned to a virtual host that includes the proxy server listening ports (default: HTTP 80, HTTPS 443).
Parent topic: Pre-installation tasks
- In WAS ND admin console, open Environments -> Virtual hosts.
- Click default_host -> Host Aliases.
- Add the proxy server listening ports (for example: 81，444) to the Host Aliases of default_host.