About this task
In this procedure, you configure and save your Windows
OS administrator user name and password for the Conversion server task scheduler.
The Conversion server is used to ensure that the backend Soffice.exe
and remote NFS service are running correctly. There are several required Windows
task schedulers created during the Conversion server installation process.
Using the default installation process, task scheduler services cannot be started automatically after a reboot because the installation process cannot obtain the Windows
OS administrator user name and password.
By default, the Run only when user is logged on
option forces the administrator to log in to enable those services each time the server is rebooted. Use the following procedure to enter and save the administrator OS account name and password in the required task scheduler, so that these services can be started automatically, even when the administrator is not logged in.
Parent topic: Mandatory post-installation tasks
- Log in to the Conversion server with your administrator account and password.
Note: If you have multiple Conversion servers, you must log in several times.
- Click Start -> Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler.
- Expand the navigation tree in the Task Scheduler window and select Task Scheduler Library.
- Right-click the sym_monitor task instance in the middle window frame and click End to stop the running task.
- Double-click the sym_monitor task instance.
- Click the General tab to display the Run only when user is logged on option in the Security Options area.
- Enable the Run whether user is logged on or not option.
- Enable the Do not store password option.
- When prompted, enter your Administrator OS account and password and save.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the sym_monitor task instance and click Run.
- Repeat steps 5-11 for the kill_timeout and nfs_monitor task instances.
- Ensure that all task schedulers are in running or ready state.