Creating a node and cluster for the IBM Docs applicationAdded by IBM on September 23, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Add a node and application server to WebSphere® Application Server Network Deployment.
Before you begin
It is best that you install IBM
® Docs in the same managed cell as IBM
Connections to simplify configuration and deployment.
Ensure that IBM WebSphere
Application Server Network Deployment (Application Server option) is installed on the new node.
Parent topic: Pre-installation tasks
- Add a node to the Deployment Manager cell as follows.
This step is optional if you plan to run the IBM
Docs application on existing nodes.
- Log in to the new node.
- Open a command prompt and change to the app_server_root/profiles/profile_name/bin directory of the local WebSphere Application Server profile, where profile_name is the name of the applicable WebSphere Application Server profile on this node.
- Run the addNode command to add this node to the Deployment Manager cell by using the following parameters:
addnode [dmgr_host] [dmgr_port] [-username uid] [-password pwd] [-localusername localuid] [-localpassword localpwd], where dmgr_host is the host name of the Deployment Manager, dmgr_port is the SOAP port of the deployment manager (the default is 8879), uid and pwd are the Deployment Manager administrator user name and password, and localuid and localpwd are the user name and password for the node's WebSphere Application Server administrator.
- Open the app_server_root/profiles/profile_name/log/addNode.log file and confirm that the node was successfully added to the Deployment Manager cell.
- Create a cluster as follows.
- Log in to the Deployment Manager Integration Solutions Console.
- Click Server -> Clusters -> WebSphere application server clusters -> New. In the Cluster name field, specify a name for the cluster, such as DocsCluster.
The Deployment Manager creates a server instance with this name.
- Click Next. In the Member name field, specify a name for the server instance that is created for the cluster, such as DocsMember1. In the Select node field, specify the node to run the IBM Docs application in the Deployment Manager cell.
- Click Next and, optionally, add more members to the cluster.
- Click Next to display to the summary page. Click Finish to complete this step or Previous to modify the settings.
- Click Save.
- Click System administration -> Nodes.
- In the node list, select all the nodes in which the target cluster member is installed, and then click Synchronized.
- Click Server -> Clusters -> WebSphere application server clusters, choose the cluster name, and click Start to start the cluster.