Before you begin
To install the database product, you must follow the Oracle
® documentation. You must create an Oracle
database manually with the Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA) tools. The fully tested Oracle
version for IBM
Docs is 11g
About this task
This procedure is required for the IBM
Docs application if you are using the Oracle
- Optional: This step is required only if the database server and IBM Docs are installed on different systems. Copy the IBM Docs SQL scripts to the Oracle database system and authorize a user ID to create the databases.
Note: The required SQL scripts are in the IBMDocs_Install_Package/oracle subdirectory of the IBM Docs setup directory.
- Log in to the Oracle database system.
- Set ORACLE_SID to the Oracle database name that you created with DBCA.
Run the script to create the database.
- Windows: set ORACLE_SID=idocs
- Linux: ORACLE_SID=idocs;export ORACLE_SID
For database migration purposes, you must run the following script to update the database schema:
You must enter the password for a specified user, docsuser
, and this password must be configured or used when you deploy the IBM
- Windows: createDb.bat
- Linux: . ./createDb.sh
Parent topic: Creating databases for IBM Docs
- Windows: updateDBSchema.bat
- Linux: . ./updateDBSchema.sh