Disabling NETBIOS service on the Document Format Conversion serverAdded by IBM on September 23, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|In some cases, the NETBIOS service can affect IBM® Docs performance. Unless your environment requires NETBIOS, it is best to disable it.
About this task
This task applies only when the Document Format Conversion server mounts to the shared location of IBM
Docs by NFS.
Parent topic: Pre-installation tasks
- Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center.
- Click a network connection, such as Local Area Connection 3, and then click Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4), click Properties, and then click Advanced.
- Click the WINS tab, and in the NETBIOS settings, click Disable NETBIOS over TCP/IP.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for each network connection.
- Click Administrative Tools -> Services, right-click TCP/IP NETBIOS Helper, and click Stop.
- Right-click TCP/IP NETBIOS Helper, click Properties, and in the Startup type list, select Disabled. Click OK.
Note: Stopping TCP/IP NETBIOS Helper Service might affect Active Directory Management, sharing files on the intranet, and so on. For example, you might be affected if you use an account in Active Directory to manage the Conversion server remotely.