Before you begin
If you upgrade IBM
Docs proxy server from the release that preceded 1.0.4, you must update the response file cfg.properties
in the installation folder, and review all configuration values. Then, you can upgrade the IBM
Docs proxy server in silent mode.
To perform a silent upgrade, complete the following steps:
- Log in to the system where you installed IBM Docs proxy server, with the user who runs the server or cluster node or Deployment Manager process.
- Extract the installation package to a directory.
- Open a command prompt and go to the IBMDocs_Proxy_Server_Install_Package/installer directory.
- Run the upgrade script:
- Linux™: ./upgrade.sh -installRoot docs_install_root
- Windows™: upgrade.bat -installRoot docs_install_root
- If you upgrade IBM Docs proxy server from a previous release (not including 1.0.4), you must update the response file cfg.properties in IBMDocs_Proxy_Server_Install_Package/installer directory and review all the configuration values in it. The value of docs_install_root must be ., which points to IBMDocs_Proxy_Server_Install_Package/installer.
- If you are upgrading release 1.0.4 or later, docs_install_root is the location where you installed the IBM Docs components, and not the directory from which you ran the initial installation.
- You can set options to upgrade scripts:
- -installRoot <directory> : Specifies the path where the IBM Docs root is installed. Required for the upgrade to start.
- -build <directory> : Specifies the location of the product binary files. The folder that contains the current folder is used if none specified.
- -wasadminID <name> : Specifies the user name of the WebSphere® Application Server administrator. If the name is not specified, you are prompted to enter it during installation.
- -wasadminPW <pwd> : Specifies the password of the WebSphere Application Server administrator. If the password is not specified, you are prompted to enter it during installation.
- -acceptLicense: Specifies that license is accepted automatically. Prompted during installation if not specified.
When the upgrade is finished, check the proxyUpgrade.log
file for errors. If some WebSphere
Application Server settings are updated, the detailed upgrade information is in was_config_upgrade.log
The log file is in the docs_install_root/proxy/logs
directory, where docs_install_root
is the value that you specified in the response file for the IBM
Docs installation directory.
Parent topic: Upgrading
Upgrading the Document Format Conversion server
Upgrading the database for IBM Docs
Upgrading the IBM Docs application
Upgrading the IBM Docs extension plug-in
Upgrading the File Viewer application
Upgrading the File Viewer extension plug-in
Upgrading IBM Docs help
Verifying component versions