About this task
The SQL scripts are in the IBMDocs_Install_Package/setupDB
directory of the IBM
Docs setup directory. If the database server and IBM
Docs are installed on different systems, copy the SQL scripts to the system that hosts the database server.
The default database name of IBM
Docs is CONCORD. If you used another name in the previous deployment, run prepare_db_name.py
before you upgrade the database: python prepare_db_name.py [db_name]
The Python file replaces all script files (.sql, .bat, .sh) with the new database name. The database server must support the Python runtime environment.
When you are upgrading a database, you must log in to the system that hosts the database with the database administrator account. The default values for DB2
® are db2admin
™ and db2inst1
™ and AIX
- Optional: This step is required only if the database server and IBM Docs are installed on different systems. Copy the IBM Docs SQL scripts to the DB2 system. Authorize a user ID that can create the databases.
- Log in to the DB2 system with the user ID of the owner of the database instance. The user ID must have privileges to create a database, a table space, tables, and indexes.
- Start the DB2 command line processor in the command mode and enter one of the following commands:
Run one of the following scripts to update the database schema:
- Windows: db2start
- Linux: db2start
Close the DB2 command line processor.
- Windows: updateDBSchema.bat
- Linux: . ./updateDBSchema.sh
Note: Make sure that the user ID has Write privileges for the directory of these scripts.
Parent topic: Upgrading
Upgrading the Document Format Conversion server
Upgrading the IBM Docs application
Upgrading the IBM Docs extension plug-in
Upgrading the IBM Docs proxy server
Upgrading the File Viewer application
Upgrading the File Viewer extension plug-in
Upgrading IBM Docs help
Verifying component versions