Importing existing spreadsheetsAdded by IBM on December 13, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|After you upload IBM Lotus Symphony spreadsheets or other spreadsheet file types to your files list, you can import them so that you and others can work with them in web browsers. Supported formats are IBM Lotus Symphony (.ods) and Microsoft Excel (.xls, .xlsx).
- From the page with the Files list, click the Upload Files button.
- Click Browse to navigate to the directory on your computer that contains the spreadsheet file.
Important: Only spreadsheets with 5,000 rows or less can be imported.
- Select the file and click Open.
- Click Upload.
The file name is displayed in the Files list.
- Click the file name to go to a page with actions that you can take.
- Click Edit in IBM Docs or View to automatically import the file into IBM Docs format.
Occasionally, certain formatting from uploaded files does not display precisely in IBM Docs, yet is preserved in the file. For example, for an unsupported formula, you see the formula name in the cell instead of the calculated value. In these cases, once a version is published, you can download the file back to its original format.
Parent topic: Creating and importing spreadsheets
Creating spreadsheets from templates
Publishing a version for spreadsheets
Exporting spreadsheets to other file formats
File formats supported in spreadsheets