Viewing documentsAdded by IBM on December 13, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|After a document is uploaded to Files, you can open and view the document. You can scroll through the document, change page magnification and quickly go to specific pages of the document. You can also print it.
Supported file types
Table 1. File formats that can be opened in documents viewer
|IBM® Lotus® Symphony™ Documents||.odt|
|Microsoft™ Word||.doc, .docx|
Opening a document for viewing
- In the Files application, find the file that you want to view.
- Click the file name.
- Click the View button. The document is opened in viewer and you can view your document now.
Navigating a document
To page through your document, do one of the following steps:
- Scroll through the entire document.
- Click the Next or the Previous button on the toolbar.
To jump to a specific page, do one of the following steps:
- Type the page number to replace the one currently displayed in the toolbar , and press Enter.
- Use page thumbnails panel at the left to jump to specific pages. To jump to another page, click its thumbnail.
Changing page display of a document
- You can change the page magnification by clicking the Zoom In button or the Zoom Out button on the toolbar. To zoom in helps you get a close view of your document. To zoom out helps you see more of the page or pages at a reduced size.
- You can choose a size from the dropdown list after clicking the arrow on the toolbar.
- To resize the page to fit the width of the window, click the Fit to Width button on the toolbar.
Printing a document
- Click the Print button on the toolbar.
- The Print Settings widow is displayed. Set the page setup of your browser as shown in the window.
- After you set the browser settings, click OK to close the Print Settings window.
- When the Print window is displayed, specify the print settings and then click OK.
Accessibility in documents
Accessibility features help users who have a physical disability, such as restricted mobility or limited vision, to use information technology products successfully. The following table describes the keyboard shortcuts for some additional actions you can perform in documents viewer.
Table 2. Shortcut keys list in documents viewer
Parent topic: Viewing a file using the viewer
|Move focus among the toolbar items||Press Tab|
|Navigate to previous page or next page||Press Page Up or Page Down|
|Navigate the document up and down||Press the Up Arrow or Down Arrow|
|Navigate the document left and right||Press the Left Arrow or Right Arrow|
Note: This shortcut key works only when the page magnification is larger than 100%.