Supported file types
Table 1. File formats that can be opened in presentations viewer
|IBM® Lotus® Symphony™ Presentations||.odp|
|Microsoft™ PowerPoint||.ppt, .pptx|
Opening a presentation for viewing
- In the Files application, find the file that you want to view.
- Click the file name.
- Click the View button. The presentation is opened in viewer and you can view your presentation now.
Navigating a presentation
To page through your presentation, click the Next
button on the toolbar.
To jump to a specific slide, do one of the following steps:
- Type the slide number to replace the one currently displayed in the toolbar , and press Enter.
- Use slide thumbnails panel at the left to jump to specific slides. To jump to another slide, click its thumbnail.
Changing slide display
- You can change the slide magnification by clicking the Zoom In button or the Zoom Out button on the toolbar. To zoom in helps you get a close view of your slide. To zoom out helps you see more of the slide at a reduced size.
- You can choose a size of the slide magnification from the dropdown list after clicking the arrow .
- To resize the slide to its original size, click the Normal View button on the toolbar.
Playing slide show
You can play the slide show in Viewer by clicking the Play Screenshow
on the toolbar. The slide show starts from the first slide.
Printing a presentation
- Click the Print button on the toolbar.
- The Print Settings widow is displayed. Set the page setup of your browser as shown in the window.
- After you set the browser settings, click OK to close the Print Settings window.
- When the Print window is displayed, specify the print settings and then click OK.
Accessibility in presentations
Accessibility features help users who have a physical disability, such as restricted mobility or limited vision, to use information technology products successfully. The following table describes the keyboard shortcuts for some additional actions you can perform in presentations viewer.
Table 2. Shortcut keys list in presentations viewer
Parent topic: Viewing a file using the viewer
|Move focus among the toolbar items||Press Tab|
|Navigate to previous page or next page||Press Page Up or Page Down|
|Navigate a slide up and down||Press the Up Arrow or Down Arrow|
Note: You can navigate only on the same slide using the Up or Down Arrows. If you want to switch to previous slide or next slide, use the Page Up or Page Down shortcuts.
|Navigate a slide left and right||Press the Left Arrow or Right Arrow|
Note: This shortcut key works only when the page magnification is larger than 100%.