Viewing spreadsheetsAdded by IBM on December 13, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|After a spreadsheet is uploaded to Files, you can open and view the spreadsheet. You can scroll through the spreadsheet, change page magnification and quickly go to specific pages of the spreadsheet. You can also print it.
Supported file types
Table 1. File formats that can be opened in spreadsheets viewer
|IBM® Lotus® Symphony™ Spreadsheets||.ods|
|Microsoft™ Excel||.xls, .xlsx|
Opening a spreadsheet for viewing
- In the Files application, find the file that you want to view.
- Click the file name.
- Click the View button. The spreadsheet is opened in viewer and you can view your spreadsheet now.
Navigating a spreadsheet
To page through your spreadsheet, do one of the following steps:
- Scroll through the entire spreadsheet.
- Click the Next or Previous button on the toolbar.
To jump to a specific page, type the page number to replace the one currently displayed in the toolbar
, and press Enter.
Changing page display of a spreadsheet
- You can change the page magnification by clicking the Zoom In button or the Zoom Out button on the toolbar. To zoom in helps you get a close view of your spreadsheet. To zoom out helps you see more of the page or pages at a reduced size.
- You can choose a specific size of the page magnification from the dropdown list after clicking the arrow .
- To resize the page to fit the width of the window, click the Fit to Width button on the toolbar.
Printing a spreadsheet
- Click the Print button on the toolbar.
- The Print Settings widow is displayed. Set the page setup of your browser as shown in the window.
- After you set the browser settings, click OK to close the Print Settings window.
- When the Print window is displayed, specify the print settings and then click OK.
Accessibility in spreadsheets
Accessibility features help users who have a physical disability, such as restricted mobility or limited vision, to use information technology products successfully. The following table describes the keyboard shortcuts for some additional actions you can perform in spreadsheets viewer.
Table 2. Shortcut keys list in spreadsheets viewer
Parent topic: Viewing a file using the viewer
|Move focus among the toolbar items||Press Tab|
|Navigate to previous page or next page||Press Page Up or Page Down|
|Navigate the spreadsheet up and down||Press the Up Arrow or Down Arrow|
|Navigate the spreadsheet left and right||Press the Left Arrow or Right Arrow|
Note: This shortcut key works only when the page magnification is larger than 100%.