Co-editing with others in presentationsAdded by IBM on June 24, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Multiple editors on a team can edit a presentation at the same time. You can edit in different slides or in the same slide. Every editor can see the changes at the same time.
Each participant in the co-editing group must have the access to the presentation as an editor. For example, if you want to co-edit a presentation with your team members, you must share the presentation with them and set their access levels to Editor
. To co-edit with others, perform the following steps:
Parent topic: Co-editing in real time in presentations
About co-editing in presentations
Showing editor changes in presentations
Sharing presentations with people or communities
- If you are the file owner and initiate co-editing, click Shared By Me in the Files application. Otherwise, click Shared With Me.
- From the Files list, click the name of the presentation that you want to co-edit.
Note: When you are the file owner, if you have accessed the presentation before, it opens in IBM Docs. If not, click Edit in IBM Docs. A Start editing online with IBM Docs window opens. Click Edit Online to continue. The other editors cannot see the Edit in IBM Docs button until the file owner has opened the presentation in IBM Docs before.
- The presentation opens and you enter the co-editing mode.
- All the editors’ names are listed on the sidebar. The name becomes bold and is followed by a color assignment when the editor enters the co-editing mode. You can change the presentation, and at the same time, you can see changes that are made by others in different colors.
Note: Your changes are saved automatically to the draft presentation throughout the editing process.
- When you are ready to allow readers to view or download the presentation, click File -> Publish Version.
- Close the presentation tab.
Note: You are notified during your edit session if a co-editor deletes the file. Click OK in the notification to save your draft as a new file and ensure that the changes you made can be preserved.