Creating documents from templatesAdded by IBM on June 24, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can use templates to create documents with formatting elements, such as text, layouts, and backgrounds.
Parent topic: Creating and importing documents
- From the Files list, click the name of a document to which you have at least editing access.
If you have accessed the document before, it opens in IBM Docs. If not, click Edit in IBM Docs.
- Click File -> New -> From Template -> Document. The Create a Document from a Template window opens.
- Enter the file name in the field, and click OK.
- In the Templates window, click the template that you want to apply. You can also search for the template by entering the template name in the search field. The corresponding template is displayed.
- Click OK. Your new document based on that template opens.
Tip: If you do not select a template and click Cancel, a blank document is created. You can also directly create a blank document by clicking File -> New -> Document.