If you edit and publish a Microsoft
™ Excel file in IBM
Docs, the file is stored in .xls
format. For example, if you edit a .xlsx
file in IBM
Docs and publish a version, the file is converted to the .xls
format, which you can then download directly.
- In the Files application, click My Files.
- Find the spreadsheet that you want to export, and then click More.
- If you want to download the spreadsheet in its current format, click Download.
- If the spreadsheet is in Microsoft Office format, you can download it as a PDF file by clicking More Actions -> Download as PDF File.
- If the spreadsheet is in .ods format, you can download it as a .xls file or PDF file by clicking More Actions -> Download as Microsoft Office Format or Download as PDF File.
Note: Only a published version of a spreadsheet can be downloaded. If the spreadsheet is still a draft and you are the owner or editor, publish a version. If you are a reader, ask the owner to publish.
If you select Download as PDF File, a Page Setup window is displayed. Specify the settings that you want and then click OK.
Files in .csv
format cannot be downloaded to other formats.
Parent topic: File compatibility and exporting spreadsheets
Importing existing spreadsheets
Publishing a version of spreadsheets
File formats supported in spreadsheets