Inserting fields in documentsAdded by IBM on September 24, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can insert date and time either in the text area or in the header and footer area. You can insert page number only in the header and footer area.
- To insert a date in the text area, perform the following steps:
To insert a time in the text area, perform the following steps:
- Click Insert -> Fields -> Date.
- Select a date format, and then click OK.
To insert a page number, date, and time in the header or footer area, perform the following steps:
- Click Insert -> Fields -> Time.
- Select a time format, and then click OK.
Parent topic: Editing documents
Creating headers and footers
- Double-click the header or footer area to enter the editing mode. The toolbar is displayed.
- Click the Fields button on the toolbar.
- Select the field that you want from the list: Page Number, Date, and Time.