If you edit and publish a Microsoft
™ Word file in IBM
Docs, the file is stored in .doc
format. For example, if you edit a .docx
file in IBM
Docs and publish a version, the file is converted to the .doc
format, which you can then download directly.
- In the Files application, click My Files.
- Find the document that you want to export, and then click More.
- If you want to download the document in its current format, click Download.
- If the document is in Microsoft Office format, you can download it as a PDF file by clicking More Actions -> Download as PDF File.
- If the document is in .odt format, you can download it as a .doc file or PDF file by clicking More Actions -> Download as Microsoft Office Format or Download as PDF File.
Note: Only a published version of a document can be downloaded. If the document is still a draft and you are the owner or editor, publish a version. If you are a reader, ask the owner to publish.
If you select Download as PDF File, a Page Setup window is displayed. Specify the settings that you want and then click OK.
Files in .txt
format cannot be downloaded to other formats.
Parent topic: File compatibility and exporting documents
Uploading documents to share
Importing existing documents
Sharing documents with people or communities
Setting access levels for documents
File formats that are supported in documents