Exporting spreadsheets to other file formatsAdded by IBM on December 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|After you create and publish a spreadsheet in IBM® Docs, you can download the file in its current format or to another format, such as .xls , .xlsx, .ods and .pdf.
The published file format will be the same as the one being uploaded. For example, if you upload a .xlsx
file in IBM
Docs and publish a version, the file will be the .xlsx
format, which you can then download directly.
- In the Files application, click My Files.
- Find the spreadsheet that you want to export, and then click More.
- If you want to download the spreadsheet in its current format, click Download.
- If the spreadsheet is in Microsoft™ Office format, you can download it as a PDF file by clicking More Actions -> Download as PDF File.
- If the spreadsheet is in .ods format, you can download it as a .xls file, .xlsx file or PDF file by clicking More Actions -> Download as Microsoft Office Format or Download as PDF File.
Note: Only a published version of a spreadsheet can be downloaded. If the spreadsheet is still a draft and you are the owner or editor, publish a version. If you are a reader, ask the owner to publish.
If you select Download as PDF File, a Page Setup window is displayed. Specify the settings that you want and then click OK.
Parent topic: File compatibility and exporting spreadsheets
Importing existing spreadsheets
Publishing a version of spreadsheets
File formats supported in spreadsheets
- Files in .csv format cannot be downloaded to other formats.
- Grouped images in a spreadsheet that you import are still grouped when you export.