Importing existing spreadsheetsAdded by IBM on December 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|After you upload IBM® Lotus® Symphony® spreadsheets or other spreadsheet file types to your files list, you can import them so that you and others can work with them in web browsers.
Supported formats include .ods
, and .csv
. To import an existing spreadsheet, perform the following steps:
- Upload a file to the Files list.
Important: Only spreadsheets with 10,000 rows or less and 1,024 columns or less can be imported.
- Click My Files.
- Find the file that you want to open in IBM Docs, and click the file name to go to a page with actions that you can take.
- Click Edit in IBM Docs or View to automatically import the file into IBM Docs format.
Note: If the spreadsheet is a template file with a format of .xlt, .xltx, or .ots, click Create File. A New from File window opens. Type a file name and then click Create. The template file is imported into IBM Docs and a new spreadsheet that is based on the template file is created at the same time.
Parent topic: Creating and importing spreadsheets
Creating spreadsheets from templates
Publishing a version of spreadsheets
Exporting spreadsheets to other file formats
File formats supported in spreadsheets
- Occasionally, certain formatting from uploaded files does not display precisely in IBM Docs, yet is preserved in the file. For example, for an unsupported formula, you see the formula name in the cell instead of the calculated value. In these cases, once a version is published, you can download the file back to its original format.
- You can import .xlsx files that contain .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, and .bmp images. You can also import .xlsx files that contain .wmf, .emf, .tif, and .tiff images, but these file types are converted to supported types during the import.
- Grouped images in a spreadsheet that you import are still grouped when you export.