Spell-checking documentsAdded by IBM on December 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can choose to check the spelling of the entire document when you finish it or instantly check spelling as you type.
When you edit a document, you might not have enough time to check spelling and grammar mistakes manually by yourself if the schedule is tight. You can use a tool to help you find out and correct these mistakes faster. You can have IBM
® Docs instantly check spelling while you type and underline possible misspelled words with a red wavy line. When you enable instant spell check, it also starts spell checking the entire document. Before you enable spell check, you can select a spell check dictionary.
- Click Tools -> Spell Check Dictionaries, and select one dictionary that you want to use for spell check.
- Click Tools -> Check Spelling as You Type to enable spell check. The whole document is spell checked, and the text with spelling or grammar mistakes is highlighted with wavy red underlines. Then when you type new words, the text with spelling or grammar mistakes is also highlighted with wavy red underlines.
- You have the following options to do with the red underlined words:
If you do not want to check spelling of the document, click Tools -> Check Spelling as You Type again to disable it.
- Right-click the word with a wavy red underline, a list of suggested words are displayed. Select one that you want from them.
- If you do not want to correct the word, right-click and select Ignore to skip the error for the current occurrence.
- If you want to ignore all occurrences of the word in the document, select Skip All. Then when you type the word again, it is not highlighted with a wavy red underline.
- If the word with a wavy red underline appears more than once in the document and you want to correct all occurrences at the same time, right-click and select Correct All.
Parent topic: Editing documents