To enable verbose logging during Notes install /upgrade and uninstall on the Windows platform (MSI install), you can create a registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer with the String Value Logging=voicewarmup. This creates an MSIXXX.log file when you install or upgrade Notes as well as when you uninstall Notes using Windows Add/Remove Programs. The log file is located in the tmp directory specified by your TEMP environment variable.
Note however that using this technique creates a log file in this tmp directory for every MSI install/uninstall going forward, including MSI-style add-on installers, and these log files are not automatically removed over time. To avoid wasting space, you'll want to manually remove log files from the tmp directory periodically. And of course, be really careful when using registry settings...
A sample procedure is as follows:
1. Click Start > Run > regedit to open the Registry Editor}}}.
2. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > POLICIES > MICROSOFT >WINDOWS > INSTALLER}}}.
3. Right-click Installer and select New > String value.
4. Right-click the new string, click Rename, and type Logging.
5. Right-click the new Logging string, click Modify and, in the Value data field, type voicewarmup.
6. Click OK and then exit the Registry Editor.